Tuesday, July 22, 2008

First Two Days


Our Passways team arrived safe and sound Sunday evening after a brief delay for keys locked in a car during a bathroom stop:P
Sunday evening consisted of a quiet, simple worship service, a large group time of fun and interaction, and group devotions.

Monday the students participated in their Bible study groups and then headed out to their ministry/mission groups. The afternoon had some down time and rec time. There was a worship service in the evening, followed by a fun event, and then group devotions.

Our students are all split up on different teams. I think some of them were a little surprised by that, so you can pray for them as they step outside their comfort zones and meet other students. Otherwise, it sounds like the college-style accomodations and food are nice. I hear that even though everybody has a room and bed, some of our guys have built a fort with their mattresses and are sleeping on the floor?!?! I don't get it...Sammy reminded me that I'm not a 13-year-old guy:)
The camp experience seems to be balanced with worship/Bible study, fun/recreation, and mission/ministry. Pray that our students and adults experience God in each of those venues this week.

8 comments:

Connie Kottmann said...

Hi Jackie! Sending y'all some love and encouragement! Saw some of our guys in the Monday shots on the passways photo site (Elijah must attract the papparazzi as he's in a bunch. Praying for all of you. Tell my son to call his mom.

Jackie said...

Connie...we are having a great time! Our kids do not have access to a phone unless they are around me with my cell.

Keep your prayers coming!! We are having a good time!

Angie said...

love the photos! thanks for posting!

Angie Sposa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Angie Sposa said...

I miss my little Iggy, but hope he is having a good time. I'm sure he was one of those concerned about being in a group without his PCC crew. Don't spare the rod Jackie! We don't want them back anymore spoiled than when they left :) Praying for all of you!

Angie Sposa said...

Jackie - THANK U for playing nurse to the sick little lamb! I can't tell you how much I appreciate it! Come home Cootie-free!

Jackie said...

Tanner is feeling allot better. Probably a little sleep deprived so a little rest helped!

Anonymous said...

Hey.
Reading about this makes me miss World Changers.
Its seems like they are enjoying the trip.
I hope everyone is doing okay
:)

--Katlyn